A dental crown, or cap, may be recommended to restore a tooth that has sustained significant damage from cracking or decay. Crowns are custom-made to fit over the entire visible portion of your tooth, beginning at the gum line, to restore its size, shape, appearance and function. While crowns can be made of many different materials, porcelain crowns are by far the most popular as they match the natural appearance of your tooth and provide you with a long-lasting result.
Our Dentist may recommend a crown to:
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Anchor and attach a dental bridge
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Strengthen a tooth that is weakened or fractured
- Support a large filling
- Protect and restore a tooth that has been damaged by cavities or other problems
- Improve the appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your teeth and smile
Crowns typically require two appointments. During the first, your tooth will be prepared, and our Dentist will help you select the proper materials and shade of white for your crown. An impression will be taken and sent to a dental lab. During the second, the crown will be bonded into place over the tooth to restore your smile and protect the tooth from further damage.
Contact our office today at 949-249-8721 to make your appointment with Dr. Michelle Eng and learn more about the benefits of dental crowns in Aliso Viejo, California.